Thursday, 21 November 2013

Seriously, where did the past month go? I feel like I'm living in this loop where I get up and do the same thing over and over again, and then suddenly realise that all this time has passed.

Maybe that's what happens to people who work for years before realising that they've completely lost their youth- they immerse themselves in their lives so deeply that they don't even realise the world and time passing by.

It's quite unbelievable, really. Just this time last year I was done with uni and had busied myself with writing a novel for NaNoWriMo. Sadly that project never saw completion, and to this day remains stored in my laptop, not having progressed one bit even though the story is still fresh in my mind.

Even though I had abandoned my project, I do think that these 30-day challenges do have redeeming qualities. For instance, through my failure I did gain a new perspective on the challenges that a writer faces.

I have thought of setting myself other 30 day challenges, and to document them somehow- in my phone, laptop, or this blog since it seems like such a repository of my thoughts (seriously, my future descendants, please don't judge me).

But since this post is about the passing of time, I will save this challenge idea for another time. Instead I thought it would be nice to highlight a few things that have caught my attention recently.

The NSA spying controversy in the US was scarier than I thought it would be.

I read an article about how some extremely healthy people maintain their fitness.

'5 Things Successful People Do Before 8am'. Interesting, and I suppose I already tick some boxes! But have you noticed more and more of these 'do these if you want to be successful' kind of posts?

Earning money while travelling abroad- now that's something I would like to do!

And... that's all for now folks. My bed is calling me. Till next time!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments