Sunday, 20 January 2013

I knew that Tasmania was going to be colder than the weather in Melbourne, which was full on its summer swing. Several people had cautioned me about this, but in the end all I brought with me was a jumper and a cardigan.

Throughout my time there, it felt fine- I was never too cold that I needed both layers at once. Until Mount Wellington. I'm not sure if this is accurate but I believe Mount Wellington is the highest peak in Hobart, the capital city of Tasmania.

Temperature-wise, it was alright, and I could definitely have survived with my jumper, but the biggest thing that was bothering me (as well as everyone there) was the wind. Here's me struggling to keep myself warm while posing for a picture.


But it was there that I was reminded again of what I love about travel. It's about seeing things that you don't normally get to see. It's about seeing a different place. Meeting people of different walks of life. I started my Tasmania trip not really being in my 'travel mode' yet, as I still felt very much in Australia. But slowly as I lost my routines I got into it.

The good thing about Mount Wellington was, you didn't have to hike or walk to get to the peak- you just had to drive. Now, hiking might be good too but for everyday people this might not have worked out as it really was freezing outside. So thankfully, we could just drive up there and walked out to enjoy the view, which was breathtaking.


Just look at that! You rarely get to see such stunning sights. But in the end, the cold got to me and I dashed back to the warmth of the car.

Hope you enjoyed this short post, see you all soon!

(Mount Wellington is a 30-45 minutes drive from Hobart)
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

1 comments