Monday, 5 November 2012


Today was not a good day to write- I was out the entire day and when I came home I had felt utterly exhausted. All I wanted to do was to just lie down and watch a nice movie (a romantic comedy or something that doesn’t make my heart jump and doesn’t require my brain to think) and then go to bed. But, alas, I had to open the story and continue writing it. But I have to keep reminding myself that I love writing and that’s why I’m doing this- all writers, no matter how famous, face deadlines.

But it’s very interesting how my life interferes with my writing- my social life affects the time that I can write and the time I have to write, while my emotions affect my motivation. Like today- I just did not feel like doing any writing. But I have to admit, the moment I began, I started escaping into a different world and forgetting about my lack of motivation. Hurrah for me!

But the biggest insight I’ve gained, however, is that perhaps I need to rethink my strategy of completing this story in time- I realised that I keep looking at the word count and counting how much I’ve done for the day and how much more till I can stop. Perhaps I should change my focus and instead turn to milestones instead- writing till I reach a certain point in my story where I know I’m getting somewhere.

What do you think?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments