Friday, 2 November 2012


I’ll say it now: Writing a novel is not easy. Especially starting. When it came to begin starting my story, I found that not only did I not really know how to start; I wasn’t sure how the first few chapters would look either. I also realised that my planning did help a bit but lacked details in some areas, such as names of people and places- a note for future writings. Given how much I have to write, and the slow pace that I am at now, I am a little worried at how it would affect my lifestyle- I definitely would not want to be all stressed up and sleep deprived again- the dark circles around my eyes are just starting to go away!

I honestly did not expect to face a hurdle so early. Few times it did cross my mind that I can just give up halfway anyway, but I quickly erased that thought and told myself that I have to finish this project. I think the problem here is that I know roughly how the story will go, but when it comes to writing it down you need a lot more details than what you have merely imagined, and so a lot of it became very spontaneous- I just hope I can remember them all later on!  (Note to self: next time, plan way ahead)

And added with the fact that I was quite preoccupied during the day, I actually only got started on my writing after dinner. I know, very unprofessional of a writer- perhaps I need a schedule, though I doubt I could keep to it- unlike writers I don’t have a set commitment so I might have things that come up from time to time. But given all that, I did manage- 1,600 words! Yay! Plus, I am quite happy with the direction the story’s heading. I’ve introduced a few characters that I did not plan for, I’ve adopted a different style of writing, and can see the novel shaping up even though it’s only a meagre 2 chapters. 
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments