Saturday, 24 November 2012

I feel bad. No really, I feel really bad. I feel bad about abandoning my story at this point. I feel bad because I made a commitment, and had high hopes on myself for finishing. In fact, when I started I honestly did not have doubts that I couldn't finish- after all, I was on my holidays and I already had an idea that I know would be great.

So why did I stop?

To put things simply, other things came up, and I shifted my attention away from my writing and spent less time worrying about plots or how many words I've written that day or how far along the story I am. I stopped thinking about the 30th of November and what it would feel like when I fail to complete the 50,000 words.

Sure, it sucks. But I also know that all this other stuff that have surfaced takes precedence. Until then, I simply can't focus on this story that I am so excited about anyway.

Now, I'm starting to doubt if I will ever finish writing this. Perhaps I don't have the discipline to be a writer after all. Perhaps I'm just making excuses. I don't know- but I do still hope that I will be able to finish it at some point next year!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

3 comments