Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Quick update on my life: Uni work has been getting more hectic, and I'm realising that this semester will be the busiest and most demanding semester I've ever had, so I will need to work hard at completing everything on time and having fun at the same time.

I know it's been a long time, but anyway here's something that I observed during my trip to China. I was reminded of it after seeing this picture on 9GAG:


I remember being completely confused as to why the Chinese would rather take the escalators than walk- after all, it saves you a lot of time since the escalators are so crowded anyway. But apparently, 90% of the population does this. The moment they step out of the train, they will walk towards the escalators and completely ignoring the stairs. Only a handful (some of which are foreigners) would walk up the stairs. Yours truly decided not to conform and to display my foreigner status by taking the stairs whenever I can.

I did not understand it at all in the beginning- why wouldn't they just walk up? Aren't the Chinese notorious for taking short cuts and the fastest way possible to get to a destination? Why aren't they worried about their assignments in the coming week?

Till today, I don't really have an answer to this question- I suppose we might come up with something new in the future, something like... refuel your car with our points!

That's all from me- enjoy the rest of the week!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments