Monday, 27 August 2012

Is all that stands between me and graduating with a degree. 6 weeks, 5 courses, a ton of assignments. Honestly, I cannot believe that this moment is approaching so soon.

I still remember entering uni for the first time. I remember my struggles, which surprisingly included culture shock. I remember the homesickness. I remember the decision to leave, and of course, I remember landing in Melbourne for a fresh start.

Mum told me yesterday that she was asked quite a few times now (my grandfather being one of them- how touching!) when I will return home. Over here, I'm asked about what my plans are for next year.

Sydney Harbour Bridge
And honestly, I don't know.

I don't know if I can get a job. While the communications industry is getting more popular, the job market is very competitive and I am not sure if I have made myself stood out.

I don't know if I can get an appropriate visa to stay. Yes you read correctly, I'd like to get a job here and stay. But really, I don't know anything about the visa application process.

And most of all, I don't know if I'm ready for work. I know one thing's for sure- for now, I have enough of university. I salute those who can survive longer than three years, because it has been a very tiring journey for me and I am ready to change directions.

Where to? Good question.

The Opera House!
I'd like to travel. America, Europe, South America- there are so many places that I've yet to see in my lifetime, there are so many places I want to go to, to see before I settle down into a 9-to-5 grind. But that's highly unlikely given that I've not worked a day while I was studying and could not possibly fund myself.

So you see, I'm stuck in between places. I'm done with uni. I'm ready to leave. There are some aspects of being a university student that I still love, and will love, but the constant pile of assignments (some of which are a plain waste of time) is getting rather stale. I'm also not ready to put my feet into the world yet. I'm not ready to begin what we call a career- I'd like to do other things first.

Like an exchange. With AIESEC, I could volunteer overseas for 6 weeks.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

1 comments