Friday, 22 June 2012

I can't believe that I will be able to say this so soon but... Tomorrow I will be leaving Asia for the first time in my life!

What for, you ask? Well, I've mentioned a few times that I am a volunteer for Global Voices, and they have a biennial summit. The last one, I just missed out on as I was a new writer, but this time around, I managed to clock enough contribution to be sponsored a trip to Nairobi, Kenya!

Nairobi baby! 


It's not all fun and games, I do have preparation for the summit to do, and will have to attend the programs during the summit, meaning that I won't have a lot of time for sightseeing. But I am arriving a few days earlier to give myself some time to at least get some travelling done. I mean, it's not everyday that you get a sponsored trip!

I will be leaving tomorrow night, and returning 10 days later. Then it's off to another conference in Sydney, so I will be very busy over the next 3 weeks. I expect to still be able to blog / update my social media while in Kenya as I don't think the summit will be too exhausting, but I definitely won't be having Internet access while in Sydney, so this blog will be quite deserted until mid-July.


In the meantime, here's a standup comedy I think everyone should watch.


Hope you enjoyed it, and catch ya soon!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments