Thursday, 5 April 2012

Gosh, this blog is outdated!

It seems like a year ago since I last updated. You must be wondering (or maybe not) what I've been up to.

  • I watched the Hunger Games, which I'll write about later. 
  • I've completed a few presentations, which I'm really relieved about because it reduces my workload for the rest of the semester. I'm always volunteering to go first now. 
  • I took my IELTS test! Overall, very proud of my achievement. I should totally be a tutor, I could use some extra cash. (Just for the sake of me reading this in the future, I'm very proud of my 8.5 score)
  • Does anyone still remember the KONY 2012 thing? I'm really glad that I only had two discussions on the issue in class so far- more than that would've been overkill (that happened in the past, by the way- the downside of discussing current affairs is that you have to do it many times if all your tutors want to stay 'current')...
And that's about it.



I remember when blogging used to be easier, when I used this as a space to write about my opinions. I still write for myself, but I originally saw this as more of a space to air my opinions rather than write a journal, which to this day I refuse to do, so I'll carry on with writing about something else!

Did you know that in the U.S, they had a National Day of Unplugging a few weeks back? Basically, you are supposed to unplug all electronic devices- laptops, phones, iPods, and whatever gadgets that you may have.

What I found sad, though, was that as much as I would've liked to participate, I had so many things to do that I simply could not unplug. It wasn't that I was addicted to social media or the Internet- it was a necessity.

Which makes it all the more pathetic- I just could not afford to go without the Internet, for I would've had to risk falling behind on my work and deadlines.

 I totally felt like this in high school!

Then there's Mashable's Disconnect Challenge. This was tougher- going without social media for two weeks. I was quite unsure about this- after all, while I was in China over the summer, I was away from Facebook and Twitter for 6 weeks, although I was on Skype, and I do remember a discussion once in class over whether Skype is a social media- after all, it helps us connect with friends and family over the Internet, meet new people, but it is also an IM system in a way.

But I will be going on my own unplugging challenge. Come this Easter break, I will be- you guessed it, travelling! So I will be off... everything.

And I'm sure it will be awesome.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

3 comments