Thursday, 8 December 2011

Tomorrow, I will be heading on a highly exciting trip- I'll be interning at a company in Shanghai!

I'm honestly excited about this trip. While it is something useful that I can put in my resume, part of the reason is of course to get a taste of what travelling alone is like- I think it would be so much fun! I definitely would enjoy myself, even though I've not exactly listed down the places I would want to visit yet- but I suppose that can wait.


So what are my concerns? Language, and weather. Language because my Chinese proficiency isn't where it could've been (and the previous post just made more sense now, didn't it?), and also my worry that it will be too cold for me to handle.

But on the other hand, I get to travel a huge, huge city, and live there for a whole 6 weeks. SIX weeks! That's a really long time, considering how I would not have access to Facebook or Twitter, and, maybe even Blogger, so this could very well be my last post till I return, after the New Year. But fear not, I will be recording my thoughts in some way, and will share them when I can. Of course, that may only happen when I return.

In the meantime, this week I've had a simply wonderful time catching up with friends and spending time with family. I've been keeping myself so busy that I am normally out early in the morning and would still be out at night. I don't think I've actually had so many social functions to attend in Melbourne, which is amazing, I really miss this lifestyle! 

I suppose in that sense, it is also great to take a breather from Melbourne. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Melbourne, but sometimes it feels like I'm living two completely different lives- my life in Melbourne and my life back home. The two never coexist, and they never intersect. I always live in either one of the two, and my personality and lifestyle changes accordingly.


But I'm a person who enjoys doing different things. I don't like monotony (though sometimes I like sticking to a routine); I get tired of the same thing very quickly, which is why until today there's only been one video game that has sustained my attention for long.

So this is why I do feel great to be away from Melbourne- it's a refreshing change in my environment and social circles. I need time away from all that, to charge my batteries. It's kinda like how even workaholics need to take a vacation sometime to just regain their focus after breaking their routine.

And so that's why I have not updated this blog- I simply kept myself so busy, enjoying being out, and enjoying being indoors (hey, I haven't watched Astro in ages!) and just enjoy myself watching CNN, Nat Geo, History, E!, and all the other programs that I've missed watching while I'm gone. It's funny how I'm now fine with living in two different places, when once I could never imagine how a person could commute between two different cities for work or some other reason.


But that's all behind me now. I really need to start packing, after all it's a six-week stint! Hopefully I'll get to update soon!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

1 comments