Wednesday, 29 June 2011

I'm one of those people who like going on road trips. I like travelling. I like going to the countryside, where it is quieter and far away from the city (notice how I like travelling to quiet places, but don't like staying in one?). This year, during Easter I managed to do just that, and it was refreshing.

And another thing people might not know about me is that I have a lifelong dream to travel to America and go on a road trip, like the ones you see in the movies where they take roads not normally used and head to some remote area where they will get to be hunted down by a psycho killer enjoy some peace, or even to simply take in the sights of nature. Places like Mount Barker that I went to last year.

Got this photo from lipjin

I saw this picture on Flickr, and it reminded me a lot of trips like that- enjoying something completely different from the life you normally lead at home.

Here's what the description of the photo says (which was taken from Wikipedia):

Tanjong Pagar railway station, also called Keppel Road railway station or Singapore railway station, is a railway terminus owned by Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM), the main railway operator in Malaysia. The land on which the station and the KTM railway tracks in Singapore are situated is held by KTM on a 999-year lease.

Following an agreement between Malaysia and Singapore which was reached on 24 May 2010, railway operations into the station will cease by 1 July 2011, after which the building will be conserved and may be integrated with future developments on the site. KTM's southern terminus would be relocated to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint.

I've been on one road trip with the family back home to the East Coast in 2009. Comparatively, the satisfaction level is about the same, although the rating of the entire experience would probably be slightly lower for locations back home (because of dirtier public toilets and accommodation, and lack of maintenance of attractions). But of course, back home you get satisfaction from knowing something you didn't previously know about your country.

Recently, there's been talk among my friends as well about potentially going on a trip together again. I definitely want to, because it's been quite awhile since we did anything together and I miss the good old times. But having said that, I am not nearly as nostalgic as I normally am last year, which is a good thing.

Also, if I don't get to stay on here after I graduate, a road trip around Australia is definitely on the to-do list as well.

What about you? What places do you want to go on a road trip?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments