Wednesday, 13 April 2011

I'm here, again.

I figured that I should probably update today considering I'll be busy tomorrow and during the weekend, and after that it's another week of classes followed by a short Easter break which I'll be using to get away.

I know that I made a promise to myself to get a job when I'm here, but so far I have not been putting as much effort. I keep putting it off and focusing on other things, and the places I've applied to so far have not gotten back to me, so I'm guessing they don't want me. Which is not good since my plan is to get a job to save up to go travelling after I graduate.

Algebra of the Seven Sins 

Okay, since I'm guessing you read this blog purely for my opinion on an issue, or updates on my life.

So here's an update: After all the sacrifices and effort I made last year, I was the top 5% in my Division! That's the division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences which has the School of Communication, School of Psychology, etc under it. And I finished top FIVE percent! How unbelievable is that!

Growing up, I never really had that experience of being top of my class or being the best at something. I still rarely feel that way, which is why just today I felt slightly happier when a friend told me that my clothing choice always look very well put together and is normally the best among our group of friends. Yay! (I guess this is where I also brag that I actually have a trophy in my room back home that says 'Most Fashionable Prefect'...)

Darn... should've done that in high school

And that's not all. I also got an invitation to join this club called Golden Key Honour Society. It's an invitation ONLY club for students who have performed well in their studies at uni. So of course, I jumped at the chance of being in an exclusive society. I almost feel as if I am a part of the Greek system at American universities already.

If you hadn't guessed, yes I only said those to brag, and to feel good about myself. I trust that you, dear reader, would tolerate this since I rarely boast (or do I?). I read in that introvert book I blogged about before that introverts tend to perform better at tertiary education. When I return I'll blog about another personality test I did.

And as for other updates, I'm coming to see that despite so many people viewing high school as insignificant, I actually think it's important because so many of my behaviour today can be attributed to what I experienced in high school. Also, things that I learned as a prefect actually came in handy.

Is that enough updates?



Have a good time while I'm gone!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments