Friday, 7 January 2011

It's so weird that I'm now an adult. Or going to be an adult, in 9 months when I officially turn 20. In some ways, I think that I'm much more grown up, suitable for a 20 year-old even, but sometimes I think I'm just like a 14 year-old kid, or younger. It's kind of funny that I'm now expected to act like an adult even though I don't see myself as one. Ah, the quirkiness of being a teen!

Cupcakes my sister bought for Christmas

I recently bought a book, 'Madness Aboard!' by Yvonne Lee. It was tales of her experiences as a flight attendant, and I found the stories not only entertaining, but insightful as well, because it gives me an idea of how cabin crews function- what procedures they have to follow, tasks they have to perform, ethics they hold, etc. If you have a love for knowing how things work, I think this book would be a little enlightening.

Few days back I also managed to go back to my high school, where I managed to see a few of the teachers who had taught me. While it was nice seeing those teachers, it made me realise just how long I've been out of school. We were told that quite a number of teachers we know have retired, and I couldn't help but notice how unfamiliar the faces around the school were. These students were  probably just in Form 1 or 2 when I graduated, but still, not recognising most of them was a sign of my impending transition into adulthood.

New Year's Eve was spent at Ampang Lookout Point, where we managed to see fireworks from basically the whole of KL. The dinner, however, was less than impressive- to cash in on the New Year the usual menu was removed in favour of more expensive, blander food.

In the lighthouse at Port Adelaide

As for resolutions, I will resolve to do more writing this year, not just on this blog. I do hope to submit some articles into newspapers and and magazines, and hopefully get published. But having a book published would make one of my dreams come true.

That's all for now. I will end this post with an entertaining video on 'How to Speak English'. Enjoy! 

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments