Wednesday, 29 December 2010

It's about time that I updated this blog again. It's been awhile, I know, but to be fair I really have been really occupied last week.

Christmas was refreshing. I do remember when I was young, back at my grandparents' home that the whole family celebrated Christmas; but after that most of the time Christmas was just an excuse to have a holiday. Which is why I felt this Christmas was different, because it was a family get-together that was really meaningful, to me at least. I got to see my nephew for the first time, and cousins whom I've not seen in years.

But it's undeniable now, that the new year is upon us. Since it is a tradition for people to talk about the passing year, here's my recap of this year.

 Blue Mountains, Sydney. Taken while in a cable car.

2010 was not a year of joy for me. Sure, there were good times, some very good times, but they did not come close to the best experiences I've had in my life thus far. 2010 for me, was the year of learning and growing. I had endured a lot, went through some unbelievable experiences, some painful, some meaningful, some insightful, some comforting. Through all that, I came out a different person. I didn't like it, but it's a part of life, so I accepted it.

In terms of learning, not only have I learned a lot about the world outside, and the different types of people out there, some of whom may just annoy you to no end. Some people ruffled me so much that I started plotting means of getting revenge.

But through all that, I also learned a lot about myself. J.K. Rowling did say that it is in times of difficulty that you learn about yourself, and I think that that was what happened with me this year.

I had the pleasure of eating this German platter meal, which was featured in the Star few weeks back.

I also find myself indifferent about the new year. I dread it to a certain degree, because of the fact that I will be leaving for Melbourne in February, but it also comes with the realisation that I have to forge ahead; I can't mope and think that everything will be fine if I stayed; circumstances change and I need to be selfish and think about myself.

 The Sydney sunset.

The new year also brings in a little fear into me. Like I said, this year has been a rough ride, so I'm just hoping that next year will be easier, and that I'll have a better time and perhaps get to actually adjust to living abroad.

2011 would also be the year when I would cease to be a teen; I would be 20. In many ways I still see myself as a kid that I simply can't imagine myself being an adult. To be called a man seems very weird to me! Perhaps, then, it's fitting that the last Harry Potter movie would be in cinemas next year. It's time to grow up, although I'm very reluctant to do so.

What about you? What is 2010 to you? What do you hope to achieve in 2011?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments