Monday, 11 October 2010

I watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps today. Pretty interesting movie. I think economics and finance students might enjoy it since they would understand it better, but then again, if you study something you're probably too tired to watch a movie on the subject you're studying.

Anyway, like I said this post will be about movie trailers.

The first is a trailer I've posted before, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It'll be out in the US during Christmas, so I'm hoping it will be released in Malaysia somewhere there too. Suffice to say the movie needs no introductions.



The next movie is a adaptation of a Shakespeare play. And no, it's not Romeo and Juliet or Macbeth. It's called The Tempest. I don't really know what this movie's about, but it is set in some ancient time, long, long, ago, and has a sorceress (Helen Mirren) in it.



Next, this movie called Never Let Me Go. Keira Knightley, and new Spiderman Andrew Garfield is in it. Like The Tempest, I don't really know what this movie is really about, but the description on the YouTube video goes something like this:

In his highly acclaimed novel Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro (The Remains of the Day) created a remarkable story of love, loss and hidden truths. In it he posed the fundamental question: What makes us human? Now director Mark Romanek (ONE HOUR PHOTO), writer Alex Garland and DNA Films bring Ishiguro's hauntingly poignant and emotional story to the screen.



Sounds pretty intriguing to me.

And now, the last movie is one I really want to watch. This is one that I do know what it's about. The movie's called Conviction, and stars Hillary Swank, who plays a woman whose brother was jailed for life for a murder he did not commit. A single mother who dropped out of high school, she then put herself through university and law school to become a lawyer so that she can free her brother. A very touching story. And what's more, it's based on a true story.



That movie's definitely one I want to watch when it comes out.

At last, this final part of this post is for anyone reading this who I haven't talked to in awhile, or (a slim chance) I don't know personally.

I've applied for a credit transfer to Melbourne, and got an offer. If all goes well, I'll be transferring to RMIT in Melbourne next year.

And that's all I have to report. Till next time!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments