Sunday, 19 September 2010

Reading about summer vacation sure makes me envious. While most Malaysians would kill to enjoy some refreshingly cool weather, I am the other way round. I cannot wait for the summer to arrive. Yes you may think I'm crazy, but even now (at spring), the weather isn't much different from winter- cold and depressing.

It seems like everything I want comes from home.

And as if the weather, food and holidays is not enough, in October there is an exhibition tennis event, and Adam Lambert will be performing in KL.

Blue Mountain, Sydney. Great view, eh?

Seriously, the saying 'you don't know what you've got till you've lost it' is completely true. When I was here I started thinking about how nice my life prior to coming here was. Previously, I didn't understand people who would want to read food blogs, but now, I'm one of those people who hunts these blogs down on Google, bookmark it, and then scour it every now and then. No kidding, yesterday I was reading an entry about ikan kembung masak asam pedas and I got so hungry. Another day I remember reading something about a simple fried fish eaten with chillies and onions in soy sauce, and it made me realise what I'm missing out on. Yeah, it's just fried fish. But if you're saying that, I repeat: 'you don't know what you've got till you've lost it'.

Honestly, sometimes I get so tired of being in 'academia' and part of the 'intelligent' community that I just want to sit back and watch a movie that makes no sense and has no purpose other than scaring you or making you laugh, like Tomorrow When The War Began and Piranha. I mean, wouldn't anyone get tired if you're constantly reading about academic stuff? I just can't wait to get my hands on a fiction book, that I can actually get lost in, like the Percy Jackson series (which, by the way, is very good).


The Three Sisters, from some Aboriginal folk tale. Apparently three sisters were turned into that three rocks over there. That was at Blue Mountain, Sydney as well.

And if anyone hasn't heard, I recently got a housemate, which really makes me feel uncomfortable at times. Previously, the entire place was my territory, where I can move around freely and do what I want. Now, I am pretty much cooped up in my room most of the time. I think I'm just too used to living alone. But you know, I'm pretty sure it would've been a different story had he moved in earlier, because I've used to having my routine in a place that only I lived in for 6 months, and now I have to get used to a new routine. And I only have approximately three months left.

Tomorrow's Monday, but I won't have any classes since it's my two week mid semester break, or teaching break as the uni calls it. And like the first time, I'm dreading this a little. Because I don't think I have that many things to keep me occupied for two weeks (although I've got quite a lot on my plate). And it means staying at home (or rather, in my room).
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments