Saturday, 29 May 2010

 As I'm typing this, I'm watching Toy Story 2 on TV.

Toy Story 3 will be released soon here, and so today there was a marathon of Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I was pretty happy to be able to watch Toy Story again, I think I've only watched it once, whereas I've seen Toy Story 2 many, many times. Toy Story definitely struck a cord with me, it was such an interesting concept that toys have lives.

Disney definitely used to be really good. I'm not saying that they're not good now, because I don't watch Disney shows anymore. But remember Aladdin, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas?







Disney do still produce good kids' movies, but I think that in terms of the soundtracks, and the storylines, isn't what it used to be. No doubt, they are still very meaningful, but somehow I do not like it as much as the movies of old. Blame it on conglomeration, or the fact that I've grown up now.

Which is why I'm looking forward to Toy Story 3. Disney definitely made a smart decision to feature Andy as a grown up now who is heading to college. Like me! Oh I shudder to think what my toys would think if they had lives, I've kept them shelved for years! And I also think it's smart that they are catering to people like me, who grew up watching Toy Story. Kids these days won't understand the movie because they never saw the previous 2 installments. So by targeting grown ups who might want to reconnect with their youth, it's definitely a good move.

I'll definitely be waiting to watch it when it is released. I'll end this post with the trailer for Toy Story 3:

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

1 comments