Friday, 26 March 2010

So yes, I've gotten Internet.

Except that now, I can no longer afford the time to surf the net. I don't have that much of leisure time anymore. Which sucks, since when I needed entertainment I didn't have Internet, and now I have to work on my assignments, which are piling up. It was just so troublesome to not have Internet; I barely got any work done.

That's me against the backdrop of somewhere in Adelaide city.


And that's my room!

Being here, in a foreign country, all alone, I think it changed me. I might not have been here long, but I do see some things differently now. I guess it is true what people say, that you grow up overseas. I treasure so many things from home, even though people say how bad Malaysia is. Or maybe it's just homesickness starting to kick in.

Mind you, I think I wouldn't feel this way if I were going to be here only a year. I'll be here for three years, so when I think about something I miss, like hanging out at night with my dear friends at the mamak, and suddenly it hits me that it's only been a month, I have 2 years and 11 months to go.

I find myself constantly reading news about what's going on back home, be it on The Star Online or Malaysiakini, any news will do, I just want to know what's going on back home, because there's hardly any mention of our country here. The only one I can remember is one yesterday about workers being tricked into going to Malaysia for high paying jobs but are actually scams and are forced to work as labourers.

That's another saying that's true... home is where the heart is.

P.S. Don't worry, I've not forgotten about the post on my apartment! The mere thought of it cheers me up, so forgive me if I don't put it up soon! I want to perfect it first!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments