Tuesday, 2 February 2010

I will be leaving in a week! It's so surreal, I don't think it's really hit me yet.

I have not started packing yet. I just don't know where to start. Normally when I pack it's for a short trip, but this time I can't afford to forget anything. I'll probably start tomorrow.

Today I managed to watch The Tooth Fairy, starring Dwayne Johnson.

And it was not bad! While the dialogues didn't leave me howling in laughter, the sarcastic one liners definitely made me like the character more as he served his sentence as a tooth fairy. He was just so sarcastic! There were some funny scenes too, considering he's a muscular athlete who is forced to become a tooth fairy involuntarily and of course, he rebels and does not accept that lifestyle.

But it wasn't just lame one liners. I liked the idea of the movie, not that tooth fairies exist, but that it's not wrong to chase dreams. As kids we all dream of being some famous personality one day. Be it an actor, singer, businessman, everyone dreamt of being someone in the future. But of course, there's always the lecture of being realistic. A few days ago I even read an article about an English school who was teaching 7 year olds how to write a resume for a "realistic" career and what should they do to achieve that.

Dwayne's character (I can't remember the name) was some ice hockey star who, doesn't believe in dreaming and constantly smashes the hopes of young children.

But I suppose it's a matter of perspective. While it's true that we're just kidding ourselves by dreaming, if we don't then how do we know we won't make it? Hollywood wouldn't even exist without dreams.

I think that while we should be realistic about what we can and cannot achieve, there's no harm dreaming and hoping, is there? I mean, you can go on with a normal life, a day job, but go home at night and sing your heart out in the hope that a record label will pick you up, right?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments