Sunday, 3 January 2010


Just like that, 2010 has arrived. Just like that, a year has passed.
And how did I usher in the new year? Unlike previous years, this time I was in my mum’s hometown. Boy, how different it was! Life there is slow, for a city person like me. There is absolutely nothing to do, except amuse yourself with a book perhaps, or maybe some computer games, the Internet (which was limited here) or even food. I have cons consistently been sleeping early while I am here; there is nothing for me to do at night. You can say that it is like being given a taste of how life in Adelaide would be like.
There were no New Year’s celebration near here that I know of; the only thing we did was head out to a kopitiam till around 10 before heading home. It was the only night thus far that I’ve slept after midnight, as I wanted to countdown to usher in the new year. You can say that there isn’t any New Year’s atmosphere at all.
I guess life like this isn’t that bad. Everything is so slow and laid back that you can really relax. I can’t really see myself living like this for long, but I suppose I’ll learn to.
And how did I spend my first day of 2010? Dim Sum breakfast, followed by my first movie of the year: Avatar.
When I return, I will have only one more month before leaving. I intend to fully enjoy my time, but sadly there are still many things to do before that. Hopefully, I will be able to sort everything out soon. I dearly want to enjoy my time here.
It is funny how I’m turning to my blog when I don’t have internet. This post is actually written in Word, without going online. I find that keeping a journal is such a good way of wasting time. I am truly thankful that I brought my laptop along; I would’ve died of boredom if I didn’t.
I also find myself totally cut off from the outside world- I had rarely used the Internet since Ipoh, and that was about 2 weeks ago. It sucks to feel this way, not knowing what’s going on.
But it’s not all bad. At the very least, I get to practice good sleeping habits!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments