Sunday, 17 January 2010

Since I have nothing else to do, I had compiled a list of my favourite movies of the decade, from 2000 to 2009. I originally wanted to trim it down to 10 but found I could not, so here are the17 movies I felt was the best of the decade (arranged alphabetically):

1. Avatar (2009)

No explanations needed I think? The movie was spectacular, although some critics would disagree. But I loved it.

2. Cheaper By The Dozen 2 (2005)

Is it any wonder that I wouldn't like a movie which has a large family, considering my previous post?

3. Doubt (2008)

I actually bought this movie because I saw that Amy Adams was nominated for an award and wanted to see how good she was, since I've only seen her in Enchanted. Suffice to say that I'm impressed.

4. Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)

Almost anything concerning Tudor history fascinates me, so it's not a surprise that I enjoyed this movie. Here's the extended trailer.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)

How can I not add this movie to the list? It actually made me start reading books!

6. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)

I've never played the game, so I'm not comparing it with the game. But I added it because of some elements that fascinated me, like secret societies and ancient ruins. Lame, but what can I do? \

7. Meet The Fockers (2004)

A fantastic movie! It was so hilarious. This is definitely one of the best comedies I've watched.

8. Monsters, Inc. (2001)

A very old movie, yet I remember a lot of it! Really creative I think, something like Planet 51, but better. I remember watching it repeatedly when it came out. The very real phenomena of children being afraid of monsters in the dark, and I was afraid of monsters in the dark. Maybe it helped me.

9. National Treasure (2004)

What I liked most about this movie was the history. I can't even explain it, but I was just so attracted to the conspiracies and secrets of the U.S. It's something like a movie version of Relic Hunter (a TV show).

10. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Johnny Depp was mightily funny as Captain Jack Sparrow. The script is definitely good, although the 2 sequels weren't as funny.

11. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (2005)

Again, a big family (4 siblings). Plus of my 2 favourite characters, one learned a noble lesson whilst the other was made of icy invincibility. Yup, I had liked the 2 villains of the movie: Edmund Pevensie and the White Witch.

12. The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

I remember watching this after my PMR, and was surprised at how good it was. It was entertaining, with lots of lessons in it as well.

13. The Incredibles (2004)

Superheroes in hiding, a very different look at the lives of superheroes as normal people. Some just can't resist showing off, whereas some are perfectly content with the fact that they don't have to put their lives on hold every time a disaster occurs.

14. The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)

Tells the story of how Anne Boleyn captured the heart of Henry VIII to become Queen of England. Like I sad, Tudor history fascinates me.

15. The Proposal (2009)

Although Sandra Bullock looked old enough to be her man's mum, it was EXTREMELY funny, especially her rapping scene! One of the movies where I had laughed throughout the whole movie.

16. Transformers (2007)

What else is there to say about this movie?

17. White Chicks (2004)

Another movie which made me laugh the entire time! It was just so funny!

So there you go. My 17 favourite movies. How about you? Which movies are your personal favourites of the decade?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments