Tuesday, 5 January 2010

So I watched Avatar on New Year’s. I had followed the press reports on this movie, mainly because it has been said that this movie is the next step forward in moviemaking, and I’m a fan of movies and am studying media. Just today I read that it has surpassed New Moon, The Dark Knight and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, and is a candidate to dethrone Titanic.

Avatar is about man’s efforts to takeover another planet in the name of development, and they used a technology called the Avatar Program to get to know the natives. Basically, they create the species of alien that inhabits the planet, except that these aliens are connected to humans, and can only be controlled by humans. They’re like robots, except that they look like the natives of that planet- the Na’Vi. Makes sense, too- it is easier to befriend someone if you look the same.

I found the movie really good; it serves as a warning to us humans that the environment is suffering and we should not destroy something just to develop a place to earn money. It was a very long movie, nearly 3 hours, but I didn’t feel bored for one second.

The visual effects were really good; everything looked amazing and realistic. I didn’t watch it in 3D, however, and I think it was the right choice. Some action scenes would’ve been too harsh for the eyes and brain.
Towards the end, there were several very touching moments as well, which added to the overall good performance of the movie. In the end, I felt that not only was it an alien movie, but also one which serves a warning to humans to save the environment.

Avatar was definitely better than what I expected. I suggest you go watch it if you haven’t. You won’t be disappointed.

And there's this site where you can make your own avatar! You will need a photo of your face like in a passport sized photo. Also your hair should not be blocking your face and you should not be smiling. I made mine, to hilarious effect, but I think I should not put it here, you will die of laughter if I do.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments