Thursday, 31 December 2009

So 2009 has come to an end. This has definitely been a momentous year, what with the many occurrences that has affected us. But what does it mean to you? What happened in 2009 that you remember?

For me,the first is of course entering college. I had finally left the confines of school, and took a leap forward. I had decided to take a different path from my friends, and took mass communication. But I didn't realize what it meant to me. I was finally doing something I like, but at the same time I realized that I did not like it as much as I thought I would. I also came to the conclusion that I didn't hate studying science; in fact, I had enjoyed it. But alas, it was not my path to walk. The perfect closure to school was receiving my SPM results. I was thrilled to learn that I had performed well, much better than myself or anyone else had expected.

Adjusting to college wasn't easy, and many times I had wondered why on earth did I want to leave school. That was another thing I learned about myself- I take time to adjust to different environments. I was in school for 5 years, and the last one was no doubt the best. Now, with my friends and I separated I found myself wishing that we could still be together. But we had also been able to stay close, for which I'm enormously grateful.

But college wasn't all bad; I still met wonderful people. And my classmates were just wonderful compared to the other intakes. I just couldn't imagine myself being with any other intake. Studying humanities had opened my eyes about the world in so many ways. I saw the world in a different light, and also learned about myself in the process.

So much has happened in this year, which proves for real how fast time passes. In just one short year I have completed college, and am well on the way to university. Just 365 days ago I was still considering which course to take and taking career advice. Now I'm waiting for my university application process to be completed. If all goes well, I will be leaving this country temporarily in February. If there's one thing I'm grateful for, it is the fact that if the world ends in 2012, at least I die with a bachelor's degree.

What do I hope to achieve in 2010? The usual- health, wealth and success. Of course, I shan't write the specifics down for there is a superstition that it won't come true if you tell someone. So my goals for the coming year will have to remain private. Next year would be a monumental year for me as well, even more life changing than this year. New year resolutions are good, for they help people set a goal in life, but at the same time we need to have the discipline to act on them.

So 2009, to me, has been the year of awakenings, learning and understanding. How about you?

Unfortunately, I have to stop here, as my Internet in Penang is awfully limited. Happy New Year!

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments