Monday, 28 December 2009

The trip to Langkawi was awesome. We did just about everything that we wanted to do, and also much more.


 We rented an Innova, which only seated 8 but since we were not big sized people we could fit into it. Our 3 full days there were unbelievable. Although I've been to Langkawi before, I still did some other things I've not done while I was there, or anywhere else.

First was island hopping. Somehow with my family we never went for that, although we've been to Langkawi several times. This time, with my friends, island hopping was one of our top priorities. I think it was really worth it, and the view was breathtaking.

We also went for the banana boat ride. It was my first time on one, so I didn't know what to expect. When it started I thought it was child's play staying on the boat. At the end of the ride he just made a u-turn then (according to my friends) let go of the rope holding our banana boat. And lo and behold, the next time I know I was submerged in seawater, even managing to inhale some through my nose. We came up and started cheering although no one listened.

There's also the cable car. At its steepest it goes up 42 degrees. Being afraid of heights, I was really scared throughout the ride but who cares. An opportunity like this doesn't come so often. I won't say that I conquered my fear, for I am still afraid of heights, but I can safely say that I know I can overcome it when it matters.

That picture was taken in the car, at night. Somehow Yi Xian, Yuet Yin and I were sitting at the back, and we decided to camwhore for old times' sake. At one point Yi Xian said "Now strike a lala pose!" and all 3 of us did the same thing, without coordinating anything whatsoever. Yes, we're that good at mental communication.

Then there's water polo at the pool and also sea talk (modified after pillow talk) in the sea, and lots of laughter. There was this moment one night when we said something, and one by one our laughter triggered each other, and we spent the next few minutes laughing non stop for no apparent reason. It was like we were drunk or something; we were laughing every few seconds. I think the whole session lasted for about an hour.
 
That's what made the trip so unforgettable: the people I was with. We knew each other very well, and we could make fun of each other and laugh about it. And not to mention, we are camwhorers. Yi Xian says this is the very first time he used up his entire camera's memory, and we had another 4 cameras apart from his!
 
And then there are the close shaves. One happened in Underwater World, and another involved a police road block, but I shall keep it for our memories alone and not elaborate.
 
Those were just some of the more memorable moments of the trip. Others are just not suitable to be said here, or perhaps less important but still as unforgettable. I would say that this is definitely my best Langkawi trip ever, perhaps even one of the best trips I've been on.

Here are some of the pictures we took:

 Telling the direction of the wind

Yup, you guessed right, this is us pointing the finger. 


Trolley train!

At the Seven Wells Waterfall
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments