Monday, 16 November 2009

Back in high school, I remember how many teachers encouraged their students to participate in all sorts of things and get a certificate. Especially in Form 5, many students join different clubs and societies in order to get enough points to get an A for co-curricular activities.

But now that I look back, what was the point of all those things?

I had joined a multimedia class in the school holidays one year, and we were taught video editing, photo editing, web design, etc. Of course at the end of it all we were given a cert, but I realized that I have lost those skills I learnt. So while I have a certificate to show me knowing how to do those stuff, it is fake, for I don't know how to.

Last year I also joined a host of competitions. Chemistry, Maths, English, Bible Knowledge (although I'm not a Christian). Just to get a certificate. Thinking back, I was really brainwashed.

But then again, achieving isn't a bad thing either. It helps a person set goals in life. Achieving something, no matter how insignificant, still makes a person feel better. It is a nice feeling, after all, to achieve something.

Tomorrow will be the start of another week, and I hope to achieve something- making full use of my spare time.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments