Saturday, 30 May 2009

I feel like I'm a movie buff now. Out of so many Hollywood movies in the cinemas, I've watched a number of them pretty soon after it was released.

Hollywood's now going into the summer movie season, and I've watched Terminator Salvation, Angels and Demons, Night at the Museum and Star Trek already. And I'm looking forward to Harry Potter and Transformers.

I have never considered myself a movie buff. Some plots attracted me, and I would watch it when the opportunity arises, or just get the DVD. I did not feel that I was losing out when I didn't get to go to the cinemas. But now, college is treating me so well that I've watched so many blockbuster movies.

It's not that I don't have anything else to do. It's just that now in college, I don't have the added tuition classes and homework. Assignments I do have. And I normally go with friends after class anyway.

Which reminds me. I've been in college for 5 months now. It's going to be 6 months soon. Time really flies on G force! I can still remember my first day in college. But I like to think that despite time passing by so quickly, I've changed as a person. I like to think that the way I see things in the world has changed. I like to think that I've matured.

Am I really a changed person? You tell me.

Back to the movies. Some of the movies this year are really good! As a movie, I would say that so far, Angels and Demons is the best. Reviews have stated that it's not a faithful adaptation, but since I'm not a fan of the book, I would argue that it's not a book, but a movie BASED on a book. So if the plot's changed, it doesn't really matter, does it since it's a movie and not a book? Although I don't think I would feel this way if a book I enjoy is made into a movie that is different.

And I learned that there's a first time for everything. When I watched Terminator I actually fell asleep for a good few minutes. It would've been longer had my friend not talked to me. Not that it's a bad movie. I thought that it was an okay movie, just that I have never watched any of the previous Terminator movies nor the Sarah Connor Chronicles. So failing to understand the plot can make a person sleep. And I just prefer the machines in Transformers than Terminator. Don't ask me why. I have no idea why either, but I just do.

And you know what else I like? Doing things I liked to do as a kid this week.

No, I'm not gonna elaborate. You'll start laughing. Really, you will.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments