Friday, 1 May 2009

I can't remember when, but I think when I was in Form 5 I had a goal: To qualify for Hari Kecemerlangan in my school. I wasn't aiming for any awards, but just to attend it.

I know, it's lame, but when your results were around 2-3 As every exam, you feel as though the 7As required to attend the awards day seems very far away. And that's exactly what I felt. To me, Hari Kecemerlangan was something rather prestigious as not everyone can attend, only those who have excelled academically. Think the Oscars, Grammys?

So that was my goal. The ultimate prize was qualifying for it.

Yet when I went to collect the invitation letter, somehow the feeling was lost. I didn't feel as if I had achieved what I had always wanted, and I wasn't excited at all.

The week leading up to the day wasn't special, either. It just felt like an award, that's it. Not what I had worked hard for, not what I had wanted long ago.

I wonder why.

Anyway, I didn't stay back to chat with the teachers because *somebody* wanted to go to Pyramid so badly. And I just followed =.=". So if any teachers are reading this, I'm sorry! =)
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments