Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Today I watched... "Antara Malaikat Dan Jin".

Yes, that's the BM name for Angels and Demons.

I have not read the book, although I've read The Da Vinci Code a few months ago, so I don't know what the 'real' story is, but I've read in several places that it wasn't a very faithful adaptation. But it only generates publicity for people like me who've not read the book. After seeing the movie, you would want to read the book.

From what I understand, Angels & Demons is about Professor Robert Langdon's quest against time to solve a puzzle from the mysterious secret organization Iluminati, who had already kidnapped four suitable candidates to be the Pope, swearing to kill them in the name of revenge, and also stolen a bomb that would destroy the entire Vatican City.

The movie started off well I would say, with Professor Robert Langdon being introduced to the current threat of the Catholic Church from a long time nemesis, the Iluminati. And after that scene I just noticed that in several movies now, industry experts are actually university lecturers. Is it really so?

I don't know how the story is like in the book, but for a movie, I would say that it is a very good movie, better than Star Trek, although the latter seems to have better ratings. But then again, I find that movies and TV shows are something that is different for every individual. Someone might like it, but another may not. The storyline was interesting for me, with all the historical facts and the constant action, not to mention the occasional humour which made me one of the loudest laughers in the cinema.

And, the final twist of the movie, was totally unexpected! Readers of the book would know, but I certainly didn't! And I wasn't expecting it at all.

So for the book lovers I can't say much, but for those of you who have not read the book, you definitely should catch this movie!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments