Tuesday, 24 February 2009

This is Tara and John, the directors of MSN. We would like to sincerely apologize for the interruption, but msn is closing down. We know many of these messages have been sent out lately, and that they wouldn't be true. However, this one is in fact true, and it will occur soon.


MSN will begin to charge you money soon. This is due to the fact that too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the names (ie. making up lots of different accounts for just one person). Therefore, we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. We would not reccommend this, because if in the future you'd like to use MSN, and you don't send this message on, you will be CHARGED to use MSN monthly. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. As we said this before, this is no joke, and we will be shutting down the servers. Please send it on. We do not want to be receiving phone calls stating that your MSN will not open, or that you are being charged for using it - because this will be your fautly for not sending it on. The estimated cost for MSN monthly will be about ten dollars CAN.

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
KNOW WHAT TO DO.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR
ATTENTION. In case you believed this is yet another of those 'prank' MSN shut down emails, go to:

http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/business/ 1189119.stm

Once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn icon will become blue.

Regards,
Tara and John
(Directors and Operators of MSN.com, Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail, etc)

I just received the above email. TWICE.


And it made me wonder. True, there's a BBC news report on it. Although after reading the report, I don't see a connection with the email at all. And, the article didn't say that we have to forward it to people so that our 'MSN icon will turn blue'. I for one, don't believe it. Why do we need to forward it to people? I think it's total crap. I'm thinking someone is probably just taking advantage of the situation. I can actually dedicate one whole post to talk about why it's crap.


So if you can't send me an email out of a sudden, you'll know that's because I didn't forward it to all my contacts.


Another similar scam e-mail I hate getting is those that tells you MSN is closing down and you need to forward it to a certain amount of people to let them know that you're still using the account. If MSN really is closing down, they would send an email personally to users, wouldn't they. And it won't be from friends, it'll be from 'Windows Live Hotmail'. So I really don't get why people are forwarding those crap. And besides, the service is free, so I'm sure our emails aren't confidential anyway, so they would know when I send an email. So why can't they use that as a reference? Wouldn't it be a better way to see who's active and who's not? After all, an inactive user can just forward it then not use the account.


I for one have been deleting these mails for a long long time.



Another mail I hate seeing is chain mail. Whereby they'll start by telling a tragic story about someone getting killed, and then you've got to forward this to a certain amount of people, otherwise you'll meet your own death? I used to forward it but when a friend told me it's crap, I gave it a try. And have been deleting these mails since. And guess what? I trumped more than 20 (I think!) chain mails, coz I'm still alive and kicking!


I've also started deleting those mails in which some person who's really sick needs some money, and when you forward the mail they will get some. I started deleting them when I received one that I had forwarded many years ago, and I'm thinking 'This sick person can't still need the money'. I mean, it's been years! If they're as sick as they claim, they would've been dead.

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments