Thursday, 8 January 2009

In 2004, I took my first steps into high school.

When I entered my class, I saw a former schoolmate of mine. Immediately, I sat next to him. Life after that seemed well as I slowly talked to the people around me. And without knowing it, I've completed SPM and thus ended my high school life.

Now the whole process seems to be repeating again. On the first day of college when I stepped into Taylor's I was told to wait for someone to bring me to where the orientation's held. When the place seemed to be filling up a person was told to bring us to MPH. My first thought was 'why are they bringing us to a bookshop?' but I found out that it's actually the Multi Purpose Hall =.="

So I took a seat, and casually started talking to the person next to me. I was actually hoping to make friends with a classmate first but as it turns out, he was enrolled at the school of architecture. Oh well.

The 2 day orientation was LONG. 9-5 in the first day, 8.30-6.30 in the second. Mostly it was just talks and briefings, but the last slot of each day is always a games session to help us get to know each other.

Now that I've been through it, I must say, the games really helped. I can actually be walking around and just greet someone who was on the same team. Some are even my classmates.

The days seem to get better and better. On the third day, the first day of classes, I seem to have a group of friends already. I don't really talk much, just polite conversations here and there, but we go places together, eat together, etc etc. But some of us are taking diploma, and some foundation. So in the class, there's only 4 of us.

Then today we mixed with our classmates and slowly we somehow started talking more to each other and we toured the place together. So today I guess is a rather nice place.

The funniest thing, however, is that there's 27 people in my class. I'm one of only 6 males. Yup, we're a minority.

Classes ain't that bad but I tend to feel sleepy a lot. I guess I'm not used to the long hours yet. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's used to it just yet. Today everyone was happy that we ended at 2, the earliest of the week, and the best part is we have no classes on Fridays. Everyone's just really looking forward to it.

So that's my first week in college.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments