Tuesday, 30 September 2008

You know how in Sejarah Form 4 there's one small picture saying that King Henry VIII decided to split from the Catholic Church so that he could marry Anne Boleyn?

I have to admit, I've been rather interested in Tudor history for some time now. I was fascinated by how Anne Boleyn manipulated her way to the throne and changed everything. I like that part of England's history, from how Henry married his brother's widow to the death of the last Tudor, Elizabeth.

There's been 2 films this year of that period, namely Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and The Other Boleyn Girl, which is about the Boleyn sisters, Anne and Mary.


But now, I can say I'm a fan of Philippa Gregory.

She's an author.

She writes historical fiction.

Yes, she wrote a few books on Tudors. I've read The Other Boleyn Girl, and found it highly interesting.



Now I might sound like a bookworm, but I'm reading The Boleyn Inheritance now. And unfortunately, I have another one which I've yet to read, The Other Queen.


I daresay that I do not like history. Yet I'm drawn to this period. Somehow I just want to know more about it.

It's like an obsession.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

5 comments