Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Yes, the title might seem misleading.

BRAT stands for Bright, Roving, Annoying Teens. BRATs is a junior journalism program, and few days ago I got in!

I was really surprised by it. The call came rather late, and I was seriously thinking of not going. But in the end, I accepted the offer.

I just came back today, and it was tough indeed, with the tough assignments set upon us. I slept and 3.30 and woke up at 6, and have not slept a second since.

One of the assignments given to my team was to visit a biomass energy processing plant. Although I don't deny that it was an eye opening experience as I probably won't be able to do it again, but the smell of the place was just unbearable, unthinkable and unliveable (is there such a word?)

I had considered being a journalist. Now I'm given the chance to see how journalists work. They constantly work with deadlines, rushing to complete a news article, video, or feature article. I know I work well with pressure as I handle it nearly every day in school, but if I'm to do this every day, I think I'll have to think about branching into other branches.

But I'll see how everything goes first. No pressure, as one of the journalists say.

I'm now a member of the BRATs community!

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

6 comments