Wednesday, 25 June 2008

It's amazing how much Malaysians love formal occasions.

In state assemblys, you have the formal attire which all members are required to wear.

In school, we have formal assemblys and informal ones.

All these formalities can be killing.

Why bother having a difference between a formal and informal event? The only difference is probably the agenda and attire!

Lately I've been going through a slight situation I don't really want to open it to the whole world. But it has something to do with school. Yes, I've been having slight problems. I get the feeling that something in school is actually dictatorship, wearing the mask of democracy. I get the feeling that my opinion is being asked just so it qualifies as a united decision. I know that no matter how I objected to anything, the final result will not change. I was asked whether I had any objections, as a formality. Had I objected, which I was terrible tempted to since I did not like what I saw, I'm sure that nothing would have changed.

A few others share the same sentiment as me. Isn't it just wonderful that we, high school students, are being exposed to this excellent display of politics?

Yes, I have to admit, I'm selfish. I love it when I'm gaining, and hate it when I'm losing. But now I'm losing, and in a rather bad mood, so

DON'T YOU JUST HATE FORMALITIES?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments