Thursday, 29 May 2008

In a local book that I recently read, the author said that too much of a good thing is bad.

She said that she had pampered her son with too many firecrackers that they got bored of it.

It goes something like this:

By the time we reached the ninth packet and the ninthtieth sparkler, both of us were absolutely fed-up with sparklers- which led me to realise that too much of a good thing can be bad.

How true that statement is.

It's now the mid term holidays.

And it's one of the busiest I've had.

Almost everyday, I have something to do that would require me leaving the house. And the thing is, I'm actually having a good time!

Normally, I relish staying at home. Now, I tend to get bored. Perhaps it's due to my more active lifestyle lately that's creeping into my mind.

Mum's actually complaining that I don't spend time with her! You see, normally during holidays we would go out to someplace one day, normally with my sister as well.

But this holiday, I've just been doing so many things. Badminton mostly. In the last 7 days, I've played badminton in 5. Not that I'm complaining. This is actually one of best holidays I've ever had!

Mum, don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't want to spend time with you. It's just that when friends ask me out, I just want to go out, since I have not done so for a very long time. I want a break from the hectic, crazy school life, especially those which I dread. I want to fully enjoy this school holiday, and when school reopen, I'll start studying for the coming SPM.

And there's one thing I've realised for some time now. Why would I want to stay at home for one whole day, when I could do that in my fifties, when I'm happily retired? Now I should be thankful that I'm still in my teens, and enjoy life to the fullest!

Staying at home is indeed a good thing. This is what a friend of mine thinks of home:

For me, heading home is going to a place where a familiar warm glowing feeling overcomes you, and you once again choose to leave everything behind and simply rest.

I have always, and still do, love being at home. For me, it's the place where I can rest, and reflect.

However, being at home for too long must be boring! I must have been influenced by my hectic life, as now I need to have something to do each and every second. Perhaps this is also why I've counted that I have 5 books, which I so lovingly bought, thinking I could finish it quickly, that I have not read. Yet as I keep buying, the more gets accumulated. Now for the first time, I have to stop buying books!

The thought of having the entire day with nothing to do now seems rather odd to me. I look forward to doing things. Before this, I hate having lots of things to do because it's things that I don't enjoy, like scouts. But now I'm hanging out with friends, watching movies, playing badminton. All the things that I enjoy. So now I actually am eager every day to do something.

I sound like a hyperactive kid, don't I?

Mum, although this is a drastic change in my lifestyle, I hope you can understand and be supportive of it.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

7 comments