Thursday, 1 May 2008

Yes, fan fiction.

When I first found out that I liked writing, I had tried writing a fan fiction. The reviews were mostly negative. The idea was a good one, but the writing wasn't. I was disheartened then. I stopped writing.

I continued reading books. I guess after that I got better at writing. A few people I've showed my writing to gave positive comments. And after reading that an author should always be open to criticisms, and that criticism will always be there.

So, I gathered my courage and started venturing into another fan fiction.

The reviews were positive this time. I was overwhelmed. I was excited. I was happy. So I continued writing it. A few more reviews came in, mostly positive ones. But I knew that one day I might still face negative reviews.

But I wasn't prepared for what was to come.

The reviews stopped coming.

So I started getting less and less disciplined.

After writing another one or two chapters, I stopped altogether.

So I guess I'm not a very disciplined author after all.

Then again, that was before I found any writing competitions. At that time I wanted to gauge how good my writing was, and writing a fan fiction was the only way to do it free.

Now I've heard of a few writing competitions. I've joined one or two. I've been to a writing workshop. And blogging satisfies my need to write from time to time. So I really don't need to write fan fiction anymore.

Nevertheless, I still feel attached to my work. I still would like to write another chapter in my fan fiction. I really want to at least complete the story.

I don't want to leave another fan fiction half completed. I don't want to be labelled as an undisciplined author.

So I'll really have to start thinking of ideas to continue my fan fiction. Hopefully I can finish it.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

6 comments