Monday, 18 February 2008

The title might be misleading.

Today I realised that I’ve gotten less interested in reading. As I had some free time today, the first thought that came to my mind was to grab the book I’m currently reading. Yet, the next thought was to abandon it and find something else to do.

I’m sure it’s only temporary. And I can also think of a few reasons. First, of course, is the stress from school. I’m actually not feeling stressed from schoolwork but from my commitments in the co-curricular activities. I just keep getting more and more things to do. If only I can forgo one or two of them.

Another reason I can think of is the arrival of the new TV. It just came on Saturday. It’s a 32″ LCD TV, with a home theatre system. So, which person is not craving to set their eyes on it after being reduced to a 15″ one for nearly a year?!?! Now I’m just waiting for Astro to arrive. Then, I shall be happy, happy, happy!

Of course, I must remember not to get carried away. I realise that a few years ago, I might have watched the TV for one whole day, but now that I’m older I have more priorities and responsibilities. I know that I have to work hard for my SPM. So, I know that I have to monitor my viewing habit.

A close friend of mine left for Australia yesterday. I heard that it was a teary affair. Sabriel, if you’re reading this, do cheer up!

With her furthering her studies now, I know that soon, it’ll be my turn. It’s just a couple of years more. But I daresay I’ll have a slight edge compared to my sister because I saw her going through it all!

All the same, I can’t wait for the day to come when I will relish savouring every word off a book.


Comments:



mayz Says: February 19, 2008 at 10:56 am

Another well written post!=D



Ce Says: February 19, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Wow , another time someone beat me to the comment box !Haha , slight edge compared to me ? Cheh …Seriously though , I don’t think you’ll have much problems with it my brother … You’ve proven time and again that you can do it and I’m so proud of the way you’ve grown up .Yeah , I bet that new TV is interesting and I can’t believe we’re finally getting Astro . Hey , remember to study and not just watch TV lah .Why the sudden loss of interest in reading ? It’s a great way to relax and I think you’re not interested maybe because you don’t have a book that you’re just not into . Take a break from reading then , and soon you will relish turning the pages of a book again .Reading your post , I’m slowly realizing that you’ve grown up so much during these 2 years that I’m away from home . Keep doing what you’re doing and believe in yourself my brother . Soon it will be your turn as you said , and after that we’ll be living our separate lives .



jarrlemenn Says: February 20, 2008 at 11:49 am

mayz: thanks!
ce: oh well, you’ll have to be faster next time! you cannot imagine how stressful it is okay! i barely have time for myself. i shouldn’t have joined so many clubs. but now that i have, i don’t wanna quit as i have a chance of getting A for co-cu.
the new tv’s definitely interesting but sadly, i don’t have much time to enjoy it… it’s all seem to be about time, eh? dy said that astro’ll make the tv clearer… i’m not sure whether it’s true but i’m not complaining!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments