Saturday, 1 December 2007

I can’t believe it!

It’s been one month since the school holidays began!

Holidays seem to be shorter and shorter these days, don’t they? Maybe it’s because we teens have so much to do- blogging, playing online games, reading, listening to music; All the leisurely pleasure that we don’t really get to enjoy during school days.

Personally, I’ve felt so busy- all the books that I had aimed to finish reading just could not be finished. I’ve even listed down things I wanted to do during the holidays, but sadly some of them won’t be able to be fulfilled.

Without realising it, it’s already December. Arrrrggghh!!! How I wish I could turn back time. I’ve always loved the holidays. When I was younger, it was because of the cartoons. These days, I still find some Disney movies watchable. But mostly, I like the holidays because of the time it provides me. I can wake up at any time, and do anything I want.

And here’s where I’m different from most people. While others hang out with friends every single day, I would hang out but also secretly hope to be home. After all, home is where the heart is. I don’t know why I feel this way, but I have a weird attachment to the place I live in. Even being able to sit down and do nothing, or pace around from the front to the back of the house never bores me.

I enjoy being able to take my time reading the newspaper, and of course, my storybooks. I just love fiction. If only I can have one whole day to read. But alas, I can’t resist turning the computer on.

Some of my friends had went out in search of a job at the start of the holidays. I had considered following them but had cold feet in the end. I reasoned that since next year’s my examination year (SPM), meaning the holidays would be affected by the exam, I would rather enjoy the last school holiday. After all, when I graduate, there won’t be as many school holidays!

Others go out with friends every single day. I’m afraid to say, I’m not one of them.

As mentioned before, I like being at home. Nothing beats being at home. Well, some things do. But still, I would like to just ‘rot’ at home. My friends have called me anti-social but I disagree. I still long to go out with them. And once I promise them, I don’t bail out. I’m just a normal teen with very different principles. Or rather, instincts.

Sometimes I would scold myself for being different from my friends. But other times, I would just be happy to be different. Sometimes the difference frustrates me.

So to overcome all those, I set up a plan for myself- I would do a little of everything. I would read and go online. I would stay at home some days and go out with friends too. This gives me the best of both worlds, only because I have the time which school holidays offer.

Isn’t it great?
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments