Saturday, 29 March 2008

I finally did it.

I sent in my entry for the Dublin Literary Award.

Actually, I had completed the story before school had even reopened, but just couldn't send it.

Then today, as I was surfing the Net, I suddenly realised that today's 29th of March, 2 days away from the deadline. So I sent it in a hurry. Good thing I had everything well prepared already.

How will I do?

I think it's a good story. I certainly hope to be shortlisted. I doubt that I'll win the contest, since there are many good writers out there, as I've discovered in Tunku Halim's writing workshop. Then, I was overwhelmed with the speed at which those people could write. So with such stiff competition I don't think I'll be able to go to Dublin. Oh well.

In the meantime, all I can do is to pray and hope for the best.

But this being the first time I'm entering a writing contest, I wonder how it'll be like?

Will they notify the shortlisted ones? Or will they only announce the winner?

I hope they'll announce those who got shortlisted, and I do very much hope that I'm in it.

At the very least, I'll know that I'm a competent writer, not just an average aspiring one.

Although, I still have the slightest hope that I'll emerge winner, and will be able to visit Dublin. I've always wanted to go to Europe.

Will my dream come true?

Bear with me to find out!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

2 comments