Tuesday, 11 March 2008

A writing competition!

And just when I need my ideas to flow, it abandons me.

The IMPAC Dublin Literary Award for Young Malaysians 2008, with the title " Tomorrow's World".

I have to hand it in next week, which means I'm really really short of time.

I seriously want to participate. Winning it will be a dream come true, because of the prize: attending the International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, the world's richest book prize. I've checked too, it's on the 12th day of June.

I can write something factual or fictional. I think my best bet's fiction, but so far, I'm still hopelessly uninspired.

Oh what am I supposed to write about???

I know that I'll have to complete it by the end of this week. I plan to just sit down in front of the computer tomorrow, and hopefully I can complete my first draft by the end of the day. That way, I'll have a few more days to edit and reedit it.

I know that I can do it. On some days my mind will be thinking about some story, albeit in pieces and never really connected. Sometimes just a really fansy sentence, but these few days nothing seems to be coming in at all.

Stress? Maybe.

Lack of interest? Impossible.

For now, I'd rather focus on getting a story done. The best story I've ever written, no less. And hopefully, good enough to earn me and a parent a trip to Dublin.

I need to compose my thoughts now, and hopefully the literary side of me'll emerge!!
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

5 comments