Thursday, 13 December 2007

When I saw The Golden Compass in a bookstore recently, I bought it with the intention of reading it before watching the movie. And I told myself I must finish the entire book before watching it.

The book was quite okay, albeit a little hard to understand. I had a better understanding of it after starting the second book. Anyway, my point is that I found the story quite interesting. They call it fantasy but it’s very different from other fantasy novels.

But when I watched the movie with my family, I was slightly dissapointed. The movie wasn’t very loyal to the book. A friend of mine pointed out that even the Harry Potter movies weren’t completely the same as the books. But I still didn’t like the movie. I think that it was less loyal compared to the Harry Potter movies. The ending was completely different, as if they simply cut off a section of the story. Perhaps they want a happy ending?

Now I regret promising my friends that I’ll watch the movie with them. But perhaps watching it a second time will give me a better impression of it.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments