Monday, 19 November 2007

Recently, I went to a book warehouse sale. I was feeling the heat and the stench from the drain as I walked around, browsing through box after box of dusty books. After spending a considerable amount of time, I realised with a start that most of the spy-related novels were pretty similar.

Call me a liar, but as I went through other books, I found that the general storyline was always the same: There’s some trouble somewhere in the world, and there’s only one man or woman capable of stopping the crisis.

Add that to the heat and smell, I immediately felt like going home. But since I was there, I decided to just skim through the titles.

True enough, there were hardly any books that I was interested in, and I finally settled to buying a book for my sister who’s studying in Russia.

Could it really be that these books are the same? Because from the synopsis, they sounded the same- generally, of course. But where is the world heading to if all we have are books that have the same storyline?

Perhaps I should read those books first. After all, the phrase ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ has proven to be quite true.
Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Templateify

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments